Joshua M. Kimura
Joshua Kimura is a trial lawyer and founding partner at Kimura London & White LLP. Mr. Kimura specializes in civil litigation, with a specific emphasis on representing those individuals who have been seriously injured as a result of the negligence of others. Mr. Kimura handles all claims resulting from auto, motorcycle and pedestrian accidents, animal attacks, construction accidents, dangerous conditions of property (premises liability) and all wrongful death actions.
- Jane Doe v. National Auto Dealership ($4,000,000.00 Confidential Settlement)
Mr. Kimura was able to help resolve a premises liability case against a national auto dealership for $4,000,000.00 at the courthouse steps.
- Jane Doe v. Homeowners Association ($750,000.00 Confidential Settlement)
Mr. Kimura represented an 86-year-old woman who suffered a fractured hip due to the negligence of a Homeowners Association. Pre-litigation offer from the insurance carrier was $0.
- John Doe v. Homeowner ($300,000.00 Confidential Settlement)
Mr. Kimura represented a minor who had suffered extensive injuries due to a vicious attack by a pit bull.
- Maldonado v. Hazlehurst ($205,000.00 Settlement)
Mr. Kimura represented a plaintiff who had suffered a fractured ankle in an auto accident after the defendant ran a red light.
- Baratto v. John Doe ($235,000.00 Confidential Settlement)
Mr. Kimura represented a fifty-year old male who had been injured by a wrongful third party in an assault outside a movie theater.
For his performance, Mr. Kimura was selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers – Rising Stars from 2013 – 2018, an honor given to no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in California, and has obtained a “10” rating on Avvo.com
Mr. Kimura received his B.A. in Law & Society from the University of California, Santa Barbara and later earned his J.D. from Chapman University School of Law, where he served on the Chapman Law Review and graduated in the top 25% of his class. Mr. Kimura is heavily involved within the local bar association and was elected to serve on the Board of Directors for the Orange County Asian American Bar Association for the 2012-2015 term. Mr. Kimura currently serves on the Orange County Bar Association’s Pro Bono Committee.
Mr. Kimura also believes that active participation in the local community is vital to any law practice and his personal background has led him to accept pro bono cases through the Public Law Center. In addition, Mr. Kimura can be found serving the local community on Friday nights as a proud member of the Orange County Football Officials Association. Outside of work, Mr. Kimura enjoys spending quality time with his wife and two sons, including coaching their youth sports teams.
University of California, Santa Barbara, 2005 – B.A. Law and Society; Chapman University School of Law, 2009 – J.D.
STATES LICENSED TO PRACTICE:
California, 2009; U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2009
Orange County Bar Association – Pro Bono Committee (2018)
Orange County – Japanese American Bar Association (2018)
Orange County Asian American Bar Association (Board of Directors 2012 – 2015)
The Return of The Natural: How The Federal Government Can Ensure That Roy Hobbs Outlasts Barry Bonds in Major League Baseball, 16 SPORTS LAWYERS JOURNAL 111 (2009)
William O. London
William “Bill” London is a partner whose practice includes business, real estate, non-profit, and trusts & estates law. Mr. London has counseled high-profile clients on multi-million dollar projects, closely collaborating with them to achieve their goals. Above all, clients value Mr. London for his responsibility, loyalty and integrity.Read More
Mr. London is fluent in Mandarin Chinese and has studied at Tsinghua University Law School in Beijing.
University of California, Santa Barbara, 2005 – B.A. Law and Society
Georgetown University Law Center, 2011 – J.D.
States Licensed to Practice:
Member, Executive Committee, Orange County Bar Association – Trusts and Estates Section
Member, Board of Directors, Arts Orange County
Member, Cicero League of International Lawyers
Member, The Pelican Brief, Professional Network
Member, California Lawyers for the Arts
Darrell P. White
Mr. White is a business trial lawyer specializing in complex business disputes. His clients include corporations generating hundreds of millions in revenue annually, multinational corporations, and entrepreneurs. Throughout his career, he has worked with and against the largest law firms in the world. He prides himself on delivering top results and creating value for his clients, both large and small. In addition to litigation matters, Mr. White provides outside general counsel services to clients across the hospitality, manufacturing, construction, real estate, and restaurant industries.Read More
While at a mid-size, California based law firm, Mr. White also represented clients in Private Attorney General actions, Prop. 65 actions, qui tam matters, trade secret litigation, and shareholder derivative actions.
Notably, Mr. White’s real estate experience includes representing manufactured housing community owners and operators in mass-plaintiff (i.e. failure to maintain), landlord-tenant, and operations related actions. He has also assisted manufactured housing community owners with various resident meetings by presenting informational seminars as well as conducting Park Rule and Regulations meetings.
- Obtained favorable settlement for client-defendant in complex construction litigation where Plaintiff sought in excess of $6 million. Claims included mechanics lien and cross-border dispute issues.
- Enforced contractual rights in favor of large national logistics company arising from FFE work on a hotel in Downtown Los Angeles. Aggressive negotiations resulted in complete resolution prior to filing a Complaint and recovery included attorney’s fees incurred by the client.
- Recovered $250,000+ outstanding invoices owed to commercial general contractor after recording mechanic’s lien.
- Represent shared workspace startup in connection with multiple contracts and properties throughout Southern California.
- Represent investor group in connection with acquisition of multi-family properties throughout Orange County, Los Angeles, and San Diego counties.
- Represent property management company in trade secret dispute.
- Represent prominent interior designer and social media influencer in connection with intellectual property, entertainment, and business contracts.
- Secured multi-million dollar settlement for client in large, family owned business ownership dispute.
- Recovered six-figure settlement on behalf of landlord in exclusive Laguna Beach community within two weeks of filing suit.
- Drafted a series of distribution and licensing agreements for international manufacturing client.
- Represented clients in connection with shareholder derivative action resulting in published appellate opinion: California Court of Appeal, Fourth District, Division 3 (Aronson, J.); June 28, 2017 (published July 28, 2017); 2017 WL 2823001.
- Secured favorable settlement for commercial building owner in connection with Malpractice and Elder Abuse action against former real estate attorney.
- Obtained dismissal in contentious Proposition 65 lawsuit filed by former employee against national outdoor goods manufacturer and distributor where Plaintiff sought $67.5 Million. (Hendry v. Bushnell Outdoor Products, 4th Dist., Div. 3, Case No. G054112, Affirmed on Appeal: http://www.courts.ca.gov/opinions/nonpub/G054112.PDF.).
- Obtained nuisance value settlement in breach of contract action where Plaintiff sought in excess of $1.1 Million.
- Represented large employer in Putative Wage and Hour Class Action.
- Prevailed on Summary Judgment in multi-million dollar foreclosure litigation (Affirmed on Appeal).
- Represented private ownership group and producers of iconic evergreen film franchise in entertainment arbitration proceeding.
- Prevailed in scores of summary trials and hearings, including Unlawful Detainer actions, preliminary injunctions, and restraining orders.
- Secure settlement in real estate pro bono matter as jurors about to be sworn in.
- Represent Los Angeles video game production company in connection with employee claim.
- Represent international high-end fashion and clothing company headquartered in Irvine, CA.
- Several favorable settlements including possession of 1951 Ferrari 340 America Vignale Coupe.
- Successfully negotiated resolution with commercial tenant in complex receivership pre-litigation saving client $100,000+ in anticipated rent default.
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS AND PUBLICATIONS:
- “Ethical Issues in Litigation,” presented to Hispanic Bar Association of Orange County, Costa Rica CLE Trip (May 2019).
- “Top 10 Things to Do Before Your End” webinar presentation (December 2018).
- “Who’s Who in the OCBA the Affiliate Bars,” Orange County Lawyers magazine, an official publication of the Orange County Bar Association, (featured not authored) Vol.
60 No. 6., (June 2018).
- “Trying Your Case to the Millennial Generation” presented with Joshua M. Kimura to Hispanic Bar Association of Orange County, Barcelona, Spain CLE Trip (May 27, 2018)
- “Worker’s Compensation and Employment Law” webinar presentation, moderator (April 25, 2018)
- “Legal Updates for 2018” presented to franchisees of national fast food chain headquartered in Irvine, CA (April 2018)
- “Brown, Groban Should be Commended,” Letter to the Editor, Daily Journal, Vol. 131, No. 46, (March 8, 2018).
- “Raising the Bar,” OCBJ, Philanthropy column, (featured not authored) Vol. 41, No. 14, (April 2, 2018).
- “President’s Message,” Orange County Hispanic Bar Association, Newsletter (monthly) (January, 2018 – Present)
- “Using Demonstratives to Effectively Communicate Complex Business Cases to a Jury”, co-author with Sherry S. Bragg, Association of Business Trial Lawyers, ABTL Report, Volume XIX No. 2, (Summer 2017).
- “Advance Conflict Waivers and Disgorgement Under Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP v. J-M Manufacturing” presented to Hispanic Bar Association of Orange County, Panama CLE Trip (May 29, 2016)
- Fowler (Chapman University) School of Law, Social Justice Symposium, Moderator (March 3, 2016) http://tinyurl.com/jlbqo5p
Mr. White has been recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine as a “Rising Star”- an honor reserved for the top 2.5% of lawyers in Southern California. Mr. White currently serves as President of the Orange County Hispanic Bar Association and is active in the Orange County community. Mr. White has received numerous awards and recognition for his work in the community from Representatives in Congress, California State Legislature, Orange County Board of Supervisors, California State Board of Equalization, Santa Ana City Council, and Santa Ana High School.
Outside of the office, Mr. White enjoys all things UCLA, as well as spending time with his wife and children in Costa Mesa, CA.
AFFILIATIONS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT:
- Orange County Bar Association
Real Property Section (2016-Present); Business Litigation Section (2018- Present); Pro Bono Committee (2018-Present); Membership Committee (2017-Present)
- Hispanic 100, Mentor (2016-Present)
- Orange County Hispanic Bar Association, President (2018)
Board of Directors (2014-Present)
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation
Liaison to the Commission on Hispanic Legal Rights and Responsibilities
(July 2016 – Present); Young Litigator’s Task Force (2018 – Present)
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, ABTL Report – Assistant Editor (2017-present)
Orange County Chapter
- Inn of Court
- Southern California Super Lawyer Rising Star (2014 – Present)
- Past President’s Award, Orange County Hispanic Bar Association (2019)
- Neighborhood Hero Award presented by City of Santa Ana, ComLink (2016)
- Moderator for Diversity Symposium, Chapman University School of Law (2016)
- J.D., Chapman University, Dale E. Fowler School of Law
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles
Admitted to the State Bar in both California and Texas, David Baker is known for his ability to distill complicated legal concepts and strategies into useful, insightful information for my many clients. Mr. Baker combines a background heavy in commercial and real property litigation with an ongoing intellectual property practice emphasizing e-commerce, popular media, and emerging technologies as well as traditional brand enhancement and protection.Read More
Mr. Baker has successfully represented a multitude of clients, ranging from small start-ups to large, multinational corporations, in a myriad of legal matters ranging from some of the earliest litigation involving computer software to cutting edge trademark registration and licensing protocols throughout the world.
Mr. Baker’s intellectual property practice now emphasizes portfolio management and enforcement of trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets, particularly in the computer software, apparel, health care, popular media, entertainment, restaurant, automotive, action sports, airsoft, shooting, and motorcycle industries. His specialties include brand registration and protection through establishment and enforcement of intracompany protocols and commercial litigation; licensing agreements and contract negotiations and drafting.
Mr. Baker keeps his clients informed (and, hopefully, entertained) with regular posts about recent developments in intellectual property law and technology on his IPLawyerEsq blog located at www.iplawyeresq/blog and in his popular monthly e-newsletter “IP Update.” He is also the author of two upcoming books on intellectual property, intended as practical insights into every day issues my clients encounter, “Websites Gone Wild – Essential Legal Concepts” and “Powerful Brands – Protecting and Enhancing Your Most Valuable Asset.”